CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN HOMOEOPATHY FOR RESPIRATORY DISEASES
- Early Detection, Prevention and Treatment of Respiratory Diseases through Homoeopathy
- Training Programmes to Homoeopathic Physicians in Respiratory Diseases
Funded by :
Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH
Managed by :
SOUKYA Foundation Charitable Trust
The Centre of Excellence in Homoeopathy
SOUKYA Foundation has been in the field of patient care through Homoeopathy since last 25 years. We have a huge data base of patients treated with this system. Seeing this work of the foundation, Government of India has recognized SOUKYA Foundation as Centre of Excellence in Homeopathy for Respiratory Diseases. Through this centre this work is being taken to the masses and treatment is provided to the poor and needy. The Centre of Excellence is funded by Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH and is maintained by SOUKYA Foundation Charitable Trust.
The salient features are:
- A 30-bedded hospital situated in the heart of the city.
- Both inpatient and outpatient facility.
- Free clinic evening 2 pm to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday.
- This centre admits, evaluates and plans the treatment protocol.
- Excellent in providing management of respiratory diseases.
- Working towards the prevention of respiratory diseases by early lifestyle changes and education of the public.
ACTIVITIES OF CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN HOMEOPATHY FOR RESPIRATORY DISEASES
- Workshop by Dr. Madan
on Allergic Bronchitis on 27/10/2009
Workshop on use of Homeopathic medicines in Allergic Bronchitis was conducted by Dr. Madan on 03/11/2009. Various medicines and their sources were discussed in detail. The workshop was attended by 9 homeopathic doctors of Soukya Foundation and also about ten doctors from Bangalore.
Dr. Madan discussed in detail about the selection of a remedy in cases of allergic bronchitis and various presentation of the drugs in each case of allergic bronchitis.
- Workshop on Clinical
Research by Dr. Anil Khurana from CCRH on 13/11/2009
Workshop was conducted by Dr. Anil Khurana, Dr. Divya and Dr. Renu from Central Council for Research in Homeopathy. The topic of discussion was Clinical Research. They elaborated on the complete procedure of Research starting from preparing the protocol and selecting the topic. They discussed that the research can be survey based or with intervention. The workshop was attended by all the doctors of Soukya Foundation and also other homeopathic doctors from Bangalore.
- Workshop by Dr.
Dr. Abraham has done MBBS, MD General Medicine. He did training in Allergic Medicines and is visiting faculty at INNS. He has also done diploma in Yoga and Acupuncture.
Dr. Abraham talked about Vita-Nutrient Therapy. He has cured about 6500 cases of asthma in children. He discussed in details the use of vitamins and nutrients in the cure of diseases especially respiratory diseases.
- Workshop on different
types of cough and remedies of cough on July 18th 2010
About 25 doctors from Bangalore attended including the doctors of COE. Different types of cough and their remedies were discussed. For e.g. exertional cough, psychological cough, singer’s cough and many more. The doctors shared their experience in treating various kinds of cough. Spirometry was discussed.
- Workshop on
Respiratory Diseases and Homeopathy Management. Talk by Dr Latha
Dr Latha, senior physician from Bangalore talked on Respiratory diseases at COE. The workshop was attended by doctors of SOUKYA Foundation. Dr Latha discussed about the extrinsic and intrinsic factors of respiratory diseases.
- Works shop for
Homeopathy doctors on Respiratory Diseases and Homeopathy at
Government Homeopathic Medical College, Bangalore on 11/11/2010
Understanding of Respiratory Complaints: by Dr.Delna T
Dr Delna is a senior homeopathic physician from Bangalore who is associated with ICR and is practicing in Old Madras Road. She talked about the psychosomatic understanding of respiratory diseases and gave a new insight into respiratory affections.
- Workshop by Dr.
Micheal Hartmann on Attachment Disorder - Role of AurMurNat
Dr Michael Hartman is from Germany. He talked about the attachment disorder and the role of Aurmum mur nat in attachment disorder.
- Allergic Rhinitis An
unconventional approach Dr Srinivasa Rao Nyapati , M.D.[Hom]
- Two day workshop on
DLCO and Spirometry on August 14 and 15, 2011
Dr Sundeep Salvi, Director, Chest Research Foundation and Dr Sneha Limaye, Chest Research Foundation gave a two day workshop on DLCO at COE.
Two national seminars were conducted by the Centre of Excellence since its inception.
Medical camps are conducted on a regular basis at our clinics and also at different places in the city to spread public awareness and doing community service.
Preventive medicines are provided during the time of epidemics. Some of the successful medical camps we conducted in the near time were for Chikungunya and ganstroenteritis. In the camps general checkups are done and medicines are given wherever necessary. Our focus is on prevention of illness and health promotion and create awareness.
Some of the dates when the medical camps were conducted recently:
FREE CAMP AT CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
Free camp was conducted for one week from 21st to 27th June, 2010. About 224 patients were benefited from this camp. The patients belonged to all age groups and were from poor and lower middle class. 224 patients underwent case study and took homeopathic medicines. Free Diabetic and cholesterol tests were done. Free BP check up was done. Free Spirometry test was done to assess lung capacity of patients with respiratory complaints. Free Yoga and Kriya session was also arranged. About 63 patients attended yoga and kriya session.
WORLD HEART DAY
Free Camp was held on 26th September 2010 on world heart day. About 48 patients were screened. Complete blood, lipid test and blood sugar were tested for all for free of cost. All patients underwent consultation and were given Homeopathy medicines their complaints. Some patients were given free diet consultation depending on their ailments. The patients were given free class on yoga and kriyas. The patients with respiratory ailments underwent lung function test.
- Research on A Randomized Controlled Trial of Homeopathic remedies in the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence with National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences
- Research on Homeopathic management of COPD: an effective treatment protocol with PFT in alliance with Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy
- To understand the effectiveness of homeopathic medicine in treating and managing allergies and asthma using Spirometry as a tool of evaluation
- Study to improve immunity in school going children
- Retrospective observation study of 2500 cases of Respiratory Diseases
- An observational study of Bronchial asthma using homeopathy and auxiliary methods
- Cipla’s Chest Research Foundation, Pune for investigation and validation.
- Train leading practitioners in treatment of respiratory diseases.
- Conduct Continued medical education programs, seminars and workshops for the benefit of doctors.
- Research on Homoeopathic medicines useful in respiratory diseases
- This centre with the available statistical data from the past experiences will start working on compiling the appropriate protocol in treatment of respiratory diseases.
- Documented auxiliary system which has provided successful results in respiratory diseases
- Simultaneous extensive study conducted in drug development in homoeopathy for respiratory diseases.
- Document data with inputs from various specialists including immunologists, pathologists and chest physicians.
- Create public awareness about respiratory diseases, its treatment aspects and prevention.
- Intervention wherever necessary with experts in the field of immunology, pathology and chest physician.
- Lab investigations, pulmonary function tests, X-rays and other investigations wherever necessary pertaining to the case will be done, studied and will be a contribution to the respiratory disease.
- Be a resource center with world class library in all treatments available to treat respiratory conditions.
- Reference centre and library for all research work in respiratory diseases.
Asthma and Allergy Clinic, Centre of Excellence in Homoeopathy for Respiratory Disease will be the Ultimate Institute to treat, to train and to manage Respiratory Diseases at International Level by Effective, Well Proved Homoeopathic medicines and Auxiliary Treatments.
OP: First time
Consultation with one week medicine can be from Rs 150 to Rs
IP: Charges depend on the case and the rooms